[Me drawing cartoons at the ODC event. People hand me their business cards, I draw on them on an EMO overhead projector, so people see them being drawn live on a big projector screen, a few feet away. Very cool.]
1. I’m writing this from San Francisco. Microsoft has sponsored me to come over and draw some cartoons for them at the Office Developer’s Conference. I’ve had a blast so far.
I got the gig through Kris Fuehr, who hired me last year to come to Redmond, back when she was still working for Microsoft. She’s since left the company, and started up a new enterprise. Based in Seattle, she’s basically my Microsoft handler. So anyone from Microsoft who wants to hire me to draw cartoons should talk to her. Thanks.
I’m really open to the idea of doing more cartoon stuff with Microsoft, if they’ll let me. The more I get to know the company, the more interesting I find it. Maybe not so much from a technological perspective [I’m not really much of a techie, truth be told], but more from a cultural perspective. The culture is so vast and complex, as are their challenges, positive and negative, I find it all extremely stimulating. Besides that, I generally like the people meet there. Smart, nice and driven is a good combo, if you ask me. So if any Microsoftees are reading this, please feel free to spread the word.
2. I’m also available for cartoon commissions for other companies, as well. Again, talk to Kris.
3. I’m also available as a public speaker. Again, talk to Kris.
4. I’m also talking to other companies re. other consulting gigs, all to do with “Marketing 2.0” and how “Social Object Theory” applies to their businesses. Again, talk to Kris.
5. “Have Laptop, Will Travel.”
6. Thanks Again.