1. Sometime in the next few weeks I shall be releasing my first big, proper edition of signed, fine-art lithographs.
2. These will not be sponsored "social objects" from Stormhoek, Microsoft or whatever. These will be for sale. Cash. Moolah. Via this blog. No galleries.
3. They will be high quality. Very high quality.
4. I plan on using color for the first one, maybe black and white in the future- though I haven't really thought that far ahead yet.
5. It'll be an edition of 85 prints. I'm not planning on selling them all. I want to hold on to some of them, for posterity's sake.
6. They'll all be signed and numbered by hand, by me.
7. I plan to be blogging a lot about the whole process in the next few weeks. As with any new adventure, a lot of stuff still needs to be figured out long-term- I hope by talking about it with everybody, it'll help me make better artistic decisions.
8. Though my work covers a lot of different themes and emotional states, for this first one I'll be focusing more on the business-culture, Hughtrain sensibility. I want the print to be the kind of thing you'd want to hang up in your office.
9. This is not some groovy little side project for me. This enterprise is going to be a major part of my life over the next few years. Just letting you know.
10. We'll be printing them up in mid-January. If you want to get in early, I'm going to make 20 prints available; you can pre-order one before the printing date for $175. Just ping me an e-mail. After they are printed the price goes up, to around the $250-300 range.
11. Thanks Again.
[Update:] Just got back from dinner. Tired. So far I have 24 requests for the 20 pre-orders. Looks like I may have to disappoint 4 people. Long day. Going to bed. Will talk in the morning. Thanks, Everybody!