I’m graduating from college next year, so after seeing your book mentioned online (I haven’t bought it yet, but I really am thinking about it), I thought I’d ask you some questions:
1. What kind of pen do you use? What kind of ink? What kind of pencil? What kind of paper? What kind of eraser? What kind of computer software? If I can’t afford that kind of software, what other software packages would you recommend? What books should I check out so that I can teach myself to draw professionally?
2. Can you introduce me to you publisher and/or agent? A book deal would be awesome; plus I totally bet I would crush it as a bestselling author.
3. I’ve done twenty cartoons so far (though to be honest, they’re still kinda rough). How many more do I have to draw before I “make it”?
4. How much does it pay? What do I do if I don’t think the publishers are offering me enough?
5. If I set up a Tumblr blog, can you tell your network about it? Would you mind publishing some of my cartoons on your blog as well?
6. Do you have any other famous cartoonist friends that you think I should also write to? Link?
I need these answers by Friday, so if you can get on it, I’d be really grateful.