[UPDATE: Wolf vs Sheep $265 is now closed. The price is now $350 pre-order until the print ships, early May. Thanks for the support!!!!!]
“Wolf vs. Sheep” will be the next gapingvoid print.
I am always reminded that I need to spell out the ‘fine print’, as follows:
1. It’ll be printed around the end of April, and will retail at $450.00. It’ll be an edition of roughly 100, hand signed and numbered by me. The first 30 people who pre-order it by making a $100 deposit using the PayPal button below can have it at the pre-publication price of $265.00. Any orders after, but before the publication date can buy it for $350.00. The minute the print goes into production, the price reverts back to $450.00.
[UPDATE: PAYPAL BUTTON REMOVED, EASTER SUNDAY.]
2. To secure your pre-order, please use the PayPal button above to make a $100 deposit. The PayPal form will ask you for all your details [including your preferred shipping address], which of course we’ll have for our records. Why are we asking for a deposit? To weed out the spammers, flakes and trolls out there [This is the Internet, after all], leaving only committed buyers in the mix. No other reason.
3. The print will be ready to ship in 4-6 weeks. We’ll send you another PayPal for the outstanding invoice once the artwork is printed.
4. We’ll be printing these to the same high standards as last time i.e. top-of-the-line inks and paper, approx 24″ x 35″ in dimension. If for some reason, I don’t like the way the colors lay down when I am proofing it, I reserve the right to change the colors and if you don’t like the final image, you can have your deposit back, no questions asked.
5. Shipping & handling [approx $45 USA, $65 abroad] is not included in the price. The buyer is also responsible for any Customs & Excise outside the USA. We ship them flat, not rolled. When you give us your details, please remember to include your name, not just your company name. Otherwise the Post Office won’t accept it.
6. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and either Laura or me will answer them.
Though “Wolf vs Sheep” was the clear winner, there was still a lot of PASSIONATE support for the two other contenders, “Create Or Die” and “Love Begets Love” [see the comments]. We’re looking at ways to make those available to you as well. I drafted a post earlier today that I’ll publish in a few days. In part, it says:
EVERY DAY now, I’m getting emails from people, requesting that I turn their favorite gapingvoid cartoon into a limited edition print. The good news is, in an ideal world, I would do it in a nanosecond. The bad news is, it is just not economically feasible. These sorts of print editions are really expensive to make, and without a critical mass of customers per edition, it simply doesn’t work
The funny thing about my work is, that because there is so much of it, so many different images mean so many different things to so many different people. On one level, I’ve been really blessed at being very prolific, but on another level, I struggle with deciding what to images to choose for production. Yes, there are obvious ones, like “The Bluetrain”, but many, like “Corinthians”, which proved to be really popular in the end, I could have just as easily not have chosen.
There HAS to be a better way. Somehow, I need to make the selection process more open to Everyone….
So I’m thinking to myself, wouldn’t it be cool if people could SPONSOR their own limited edition? Seriously.
We’re looking into this idea where individuals can feasibly “sponsor” the production of their favorite cartoon into print form, and harnessing the power of the Internet to get other people to join their cause. We’ll either build or own website for that, or we’ll use something like Fundable.org.
[“Love Begets Love” and “Create or Die”.]
“Love Begets Love” and “Create or Die” will be the guinea pigs. It’ll be really interesting to see what happens. Please watch this space.
Thanks, as always, for your love and support!