Dear Crazy, Deranged Fools,
After receiving a lot of feedback from y’all about the three choices, we decided to go with “We Need To Talk” as the next gapingvoid limited edition print.
Here are the basics:
1. The print will retail for $400 [plus shipping & handling], once it goes to print. You can pre-order it for $250 [plus shipping & handling], BUT ONLY if you’re already signed up to the “Crazy Deranged Fools” Newsletter [Sign up here if you haven’t already]. This pre-order offer only extends to the first 45 prints in the edition.
2. The print will be a signed, limited edition of 85, same as “Bluetrain” Dimension will be the same as “Bluetrain” as well.
3. If you’re interested, please email me at email@example.com with your name, shipping address and a phone number for the UPS delivery guy.
4. The prints will be shipped flat, packed by a professional; not simply rolled up in a tube etc.
5. For more details, either e-mail me or go to yesterday’s blog post, Thanks.
This has been a pretty exciting 24 hours. Already a quarter of the edition has been pre-ordered, even though “Bluetrain” hasn’t even shipped yet.
Somebody emailed me this morning:
I believe the only viable future for artists (or most anyone else) is DIY, collaboration and cooperation. the existing systems, structures, paradigms and rules don’t work (never have actually, except for a chosen few, who worked hard to create the illusion that these things applied equally for everyone, lying bastards).
I wrote back:
Thanks. Yeah, the trick here is me trying to bypass as many established art-world systems as possible, in order to make [A] a point and [B] profit.
I have a lot of artists watching me at the moment, wondering if I can actually pull it off. It’ll be good for us all if I can.
We live in interesting times…
Thanks SO MUCH for your love and support,
Yours in Crazy, Deranged Foolishness,