1. I don’t consider myself an A-Lister.
No, but I turn up for speaking gigs at all the big conferences anyway. Uh-huh.
2. I don’t care about traffic.
Of course I don’t. Even though I’m a freelance consultant, and my blog is my primary way of marketing myself. Rock on.
3. I’ve read your blog.
Yeah, well I read the “Musings of an unemployed tech consultant” bit on the title bar, before clicking off. That counts.
4. I started blogging back in 1999.
Of course, back in 1999 a Flash-animated, brochureware homepage was considered a blog. Kinda sorta.
5. My blog has no commercial agenda.
I’m far too sexy to care about money. Exactly.
6. I only have advertising on my blog as an experiment.
That explains why the adstrip is right under the “Musings of an unemployed tech consultant” bit. Indeed.
7. I’ve never liked the unegalitarian term, “A-Lister”.
Even though I am one. Oh, the irony.
8. I’m proud to be a D-Lister.
Even though I spend 7 hours a day writing the thing. Right.
9. He’s a big hero of mine.
He’s got more traffic than downtown Mexico City and I’m hoping to God he links to me one day.
10. I really admire what she’s doing for the blogosphere.
I’ve noticed that she’s currently single.
[Inspired by Mr. Kawasaki, of course.]
[BONUS LINK:] “Top Ten Reasons Why Nobody Reads Your Blog.”